And while we're on the topic of food...

Here's one for those of you who aren't so much into bug-infested cheese: cardboard dumplings courtesy of a particular 'chef' (let's use the term loosely) in Beijing.

Key quote: "You mean 60 percent cardboard? What is the other 40 percent?" asks the reporter. "Fatty meat," the man replies.

Update: I guess I get a 'hoax horn' -- CNN has recanted their story.

1 comment:

Ryan Donovan said...

Don't know if you ever got the chance to visit Uncle Milt's Pipe Organ Pizza before they closed the doors on it for good, but anyone who ever ate there could tell you that there were plenty of reasons to be suspicious that they were using cardboard for their pizza crust. But who cared? They had a man dressed in a Pink Panther suit who would slink around the place saying hello and creeping out all the little kids and protective fathers, while the pipe organist played the Pink Panther song. Wow, what a place.