3.23.2004

Update

Just read my Weekly Hutchy Goodness (no linkage today -- you know where to go) for the first time in a little while and was put to shame by the fact that he has a more recent update on my wife than I do.

Yes, she is home from the hospital. And while she continues to be miserable all day, every day, she has taken massive steps forward -- like the fact that she now has not thrown up in 6 days. Ahh, the things you take for granted . . .

She's still on TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) via her semi-permanent IV line, which means that she doesn't have to rely on what her stomach can handle in order to stay hydrated and fed. The doc is pretty much saying that this is just really really really bad morning sickness -- one gastroenterologist at the hospital said that in his 18 years he has never seen morning sickness this bad. But we seem to be taking slow steps toward improvement, so maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

CNF is going really well -- I'm starting to feel like I know what I'm doing most of the time, and that's a really good thing. I'm still not really used to having my own space at work -- being a cubicle-dweller takes some adjustment.

I would sure love to be blogging more -- both the writing and the reading that make up the blog experience -- but for now this every-now-and-then will have to do.

No comments: