4.04.2006

My name's Jed, and I'm a double-dash-oholic

Hi Jed...

Ok, now that we've gotten introductions out of the way... it's a fact, and I'm finally facing it. I am addicted to the double-dash. You know what I mean -- for some reason I just can't bear to end sentences when I could be running them on with the ol' double dash. It's true -- look at most of my posts, and definitely any emails you may have ever received from me. Just about every single sentence has a double dash in it, and I guarantee you that if there isn't one in a given sentence, well, that's because I thought about putting one in and decided against it.

I'm not *too* terrible with comma'ed run-ons, just the double dash. Oh, and ellipses too -- they're great for those thoughts that just need to trail off into oblivion...

Dunno what this means or what it says about me, I'm hoping maybe this admittance will just be one step on my way to becoming ok with who I am and being able to unabashedly use the double dash with abandon whenever the heck I want to. There's a reason I'm not an English teacher...

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi Jed, We're glad you're here. You're special.

My name is Molly and I'm a double-dash-oholic too.

Dan said...

Just in case you wanted to know my blog has returned to dandytaz.blogspot.com