6.07.2007

Kasserian ingera?

Just finalized plans this week for a trip to Kenya in September! It has been in the works for a little while but I didn't want to say anything until it was a sure bet. It will be a team of just four of us (myself, another man from GCC, and his uncle and aunt), going to spend a week and a half with the Maasai Evangelistic Association in southwestern Kenya. Tentative dates are August 29 through September 10, but that may change as we don't have our tickets yet.

I'm extremely excited to have been given this chance -- it will be a whirlwind of a trip but already I have seen God orchestrating its details and I'm sure there will be plenty more of that before everything is said and done. I haven't been outside the country in 8 years and that's the longest I've gone my whole life without overseas travel -- what a privilege to be able to go back to Africa, whose lands and peoples I love.

There's a lot to this trip, more than I will have the freedom to blog. Suffice it to say that I need wisdom and discernment in a big way and I need your prayers on my behalf. I've got a lot of prep work to do too and September suddenly feels just around the corner.

No comments: