6.25.2007

The Mix-Up

Although I like to consider myself an 'early adopter' type person, there are some wagons I have just not boarded. Purchasing music online has been one of those things for me. I have done lots of music downloading online (check out Havalina Rail Co's site for some free music, I've got it downloading in the background right now) and I have done other online purchases, just never music.

Today all that changed. My (pre-ordered) copy of the Beastie Boys' new all-instrumental album, The Mix-Up arrived today from Amazon. I've only listened to a couple of tracks so far so the jury's still out. If it's half as good as The In Sound From Way Out it'll be a keeper.

4 comments:

Ryan Donovan said...

I wouldn't have guessed you to be a Beastie fan. Apparently you fought for your right to party and won. Congrats on that.

Neal n Julie said...

He kinda looks like he's had no sleep till he got to Brooklyn.

Jed said...

Under normal circumstances I can take or leave the Boys. But I can't speak highly enough about TISFWO -- it really is an excellent album. You might even say it's Intergalactic...

Anonymous said...

In order for yor to believe that TISFWO is a whole 'nother beast (pun :-) ) from their other stuff, let's put it this way- I love the album... if I was stranded on an island and could only have 10 CDs with me, TISFWO would be one of them.
You, too, should check it out, it's goooooood stuff!
-mel