9.25.2007

Quote time

I'm not a regular Oswald Chambers reader, but I have been reading his daily My Utmost for His Highest readings this week. This morning's piece responding to Matthew 5:41 ("And whoever shall force you to go one mile, go with him two.") is worth quoting:
The summing up of Our Lord's teaching is that the relationship which He demands is an impossible one unless He has done a supernatural work in us. Jesus Christ demands that there be not the slightest trace of resentment even suppressed in the heart of a disciple when he meets with tyranny and injustice. No enthusiasm will ever stand the strain that Jesus Christ will put upon His worker, only one thing will, and that is a personal relationship to Himself which has gone through the mill of His spring cleaning until there is only one purpose left - I am here for God to send me where He will... The Sermon on the Mount is not an ideal, it is a statement of what will happen in me when Jesus Christ has altered my disposition and put in a disposition like His own. Jesus Christ is the only One who can fulfill the Sermon on the Mount.


Wow.

++ please send me through the mill of Your spring cleaning ++

No comments: