11.26.2005

You know you're a failure when...

...you can't even succeed at being a hypocritical sellout.

Let me preface what I'm about to tell you by saying that our computer fried its motherboard a couple of weeks ago. Mel was happily perusing Craigslist when the screen went black. No "see you later", no memory dump, no blue screen of death, just the pure finality of a completely black screen.

The last two weeks have kinda stunk without a computer at home. My fantasy football teams in particular have suffered as CNF has (wisely) blocked access to Yahoo's FF pages from their computers that I use all day at work.

So we have been watching the newspaper ads carefully, checking things out online, and I even made an exploratory trip down to Fry's earlier this week to check things out down there. Not a lot of bread to spend on a computer right now, so cheap is a big priority and we've been looking to get a deal.

Enter BND.

A wonderful opportunity to show my opposition with America's consumer society, or... a wonderful opportunity to pick up a great computer system from Circuit City for really cheap.

I got up at 4:15 a.m. after throwing up all night with a stomach flu (remember that brief diarrhea reference here? Little did I know what was still to come...) to be there, standing in line in the rain, when their doors opened at 5:00. It could go unsaid that I kept my head down hoping that none of you my dear readers would chance to be there and witness my hypocrisy.

And they were already sold out by the time I got to the front of the line.

The end.

No comments: